Monday 29 June 2009

The Irish weather - a little unpredictable

Yes, I read this statement on a similar website and can but agree, if you want to have guaranteed wall to wall sunshine for the duration of your holiday then head to the Mediterranean, not to Ireland. There is a saying, and I have experienced it frequently, in Ireland you can have four seasons in one days. Typical Irish joke, "Paddy, that was a great summer we had last year", Yes, Matt I missed it I was at the dentist that afternoon." A slight - very slight exaggeration - but let's be honest Ireland is not renowned for heatwaves and drought! However, one thing I will say, which most people forget. The scenery in any kind of weather on the Emerald Isle is impressive. Take a look at the incredible photo below and you will get an idea of what I mean. It is a keen haven for golfers, though, with summer temperatures around 20C during the day. In any case if things are really bad maybe it is time for a little sustience in something you will find on practically ever street corner of even the most remote Irish village - the pub. In my view the best months to visit Ireland - although there is never a guarantee with the weather is May, June, July, September and early October.

No comments:

Post a Comment